Thursday, 25 August 2016

Vintage themed christmas card



Hi again friends,
hope you are well!

Here is a recent Christmas card that I made, 
a little bit early, I know! But I will be starting to make more
ready in time for the festivities.

I love the olde-worlde vintage Christmas theme, it gives a feel
of a bygone era.
For this card, I have used paper from the 'gift for you' collection
by Maja Design. 
I am in love with all their paper collections, the print and quality are amazing.




Here I have used a paper doily behind this beautiful vintage image.
I have also used a filigree decorative metal corner and a resin cherub,
which I adhered over the top of some cheese cloth that has been sprayed with Tim Holtz 
perfect pearls mists in Biscuit.

These snowflakes have been punched out using the Xcut snow crystal medium punch
and I have added grey flat back pearls to the centre of each of them.





Here I have used two Magnolia Doohickey spruce die cuts, which I sprinkled 
with Pinflair snow dust.

I have adhered a wooden star and a few chocolate crystal stamens behind
a bow that I made from this gorgeous script ribbon. I then added 
a pearl and diamante embellishment to the centre.

 Next, I stamped a Christmas sentiment onto a piece of card stock
which I distressed with Antique linen distress ink 
and adhered it to the bottom of the card. 

Finally, I brushed certain areas of the card with white Gesso 
to complete the look. 

Thanks once again for taking the time to visit my blog,
I really do appreciate it. 

Hugs
 Zowie xx








No comments:

Post a Comment